Friday, February 18, 2011

Tom and Jerry Tribute

Media used: Sharpie marker, and acrylic paint on canvas 

Processes: I first started the picture by photo copying a photo of the characters in the logo, then I used a sharpie marker to outline the letters and characters, and then I finally paint in the letters and characters with acrylic paint. If I needed to make pink or light brown I would mix it in with two colours. For example, if I wanted to make pink I would mix both red and white to get the result. 

Techniques: I would always use small brushes to fill in small spots and not over paint the black lines. 

Critique: The two aspects I love about this is that it definitely looks like the Tom and Jerry title that Chuck Jones produced/directed from 1962 to 1967, and that it was fun drawing and painting this picture! One thing I would like to add in the background is just orange because in the Chuck Jones produced cartoons, the background is orange. 

Tom and Jerry is owned by Time Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment